Change font size

Welcome
Welcome to banishedpeople

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mornicken
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

A quite content little community...

Very scenic riverbend...

Town center with the well-kempt market...

Old fieldstone chapel...

Well-to-do housing and shops...

Highly efficient fisheries, dried and salted fish-products...

Dredgers, reeds, rice, grain, vegetables, coffee, cotton, fruit...

Modest trade post servicing the food pods...

Honey and wax, candles, mead...

Large chicken farm...

Iron, stone, salt, bricks, fuel...

Heavy materials port...

Winter setting in...

Construction site new cathedral, new stone bridge

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Mornicken
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:42 am 

Great pictures and if it wasn't for the fact I have to go to bed as its nearly midnight here I would doing a lot longer post, but I will be back in the morning to say something other than :thumbsup: :faint:

EDIT: Love the field layouts especially the chicken field, I was quite disappointed that church site or should I say cathedral site didn't get finished in the above pictures as I was :drool: to see what it looked like when it was completed.

All those little details you have added really make the difference between something that could have ended up looking quite artificial and what you have achieved which looks so natural and real life.

-catty

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

catty-cb wrote:
I was quite disappointed that church site or should I say cathedral site didn't get finished

Yeah, it took a really long time to build - but here it comes! :roll-laugh:

We left Mornicken with a quick peek at the ongoing cathedral construction...

Well, 16.000(!) work units later it's finally done... some impressions -

:winking:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:35 am 

Every time I see your work I can only shake my head. How you are able to envision your goal and then bring it to fruition has to be a gift. Please continue to delight my eyes with art.

Thank You

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:53 am 

Again you post Banished masterpieces, I'm happy to see its not a swamp map this time. Didn't notice what flag you're flying, might just send some of my Huron friends to visit. :roll-laugh:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:53 am 

Quote:
Well, 16.000(!) work units later it's finally done... some impressions

well that was definitely worth waiting for its stunning :ohhhh: and I like the layout around it and those flowering shrubs are a nice touch, Banished has certainly come a long way since it first came out ... I always liked it but you could never have described it as anything but sort of greenish its nice to see some colours :-D

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Kristahfer wrote:
Every time I see your work

Thank you for your kind words... I'll keep on trying :winking:

@Cathy
Quote:
nice to see some colours

Indeed... I keep pestering devs and modders for more colors and details all the time - even if at risk being annoying... :laughing-loud: Occasionally it does work :winking:

@Denis
Quote:
Didn't notice what flag you're flying

Usually this one (Brandenburg) -

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:17 pm 

Love the next to last picture. It really shows how far the game content has come from the original version and what a difference it makes. :jumper:
Very artistic and lovely. :thumbsup:
I never seem to have a village square area as the early areas are all crammed together.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

purringcat wrote:
I never seem to have a village square area as the early areas are all crammed together.

Gah, old problem... :pullhair:
I always make that "mistake" too, mainly because I build outward too late... :rolleyes:

Really a matter of concentration, to plan for it early on :big-grin:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:05 am 

Wow, that is supernice! Catty showed some pictures of your towns over at SC4D, and I had to come over here and look. :ohhhh:

And now I am playing Banished, not so professional but with a lot of fun.

But I have one question: I saw, that you´re using redketchup´s cathedral. Like mentioned in another thread, his medieval town and CC should be compatible but the cathedral doesn´t show up in my menu. I´ve placed the medieval town higher than CC, the most features are there, some strange things happened to the CC menues but it works everything, only I can´t find this wonderful cathedral.

If you can give me some hint, I would be very happy. Thanks in advance! :redface:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:37 am 
Site Admin

Hi, welcome to our little community :big-grin:

carlfatal wrote:
the cathedral doesn´t show up in my menu. I´ve placed the medieval town higher than CC

"Higher" means above CC in the menu list? (Unlike SC, Banished places the last item to load on top of the list)...

Not sure, I always put NMT below CC - you mention strange things happening to menus, that should not be the case, as all the NMT items are gathered under one main toolbar icon, so that should not be messy...

What versions of Banished, CC and NMT are you using?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm 

First thanks a lot!

I started organizing the plugins again, beginning with CC and MT. MT was placed on top, and well, it works. If I put it down under CC in the list, the game crashes at leaving. But on top everything is fine.
Then I put in other mods one per one. The one, that changed the menues was redketchup´s college.

Now everything is fine - na, better than fine! I was able to implement the cathedral.pkm as well, so now I have two big churches. And the german translation for CC works for MT also.

The only thing I am really missing now is a cloister. Monks could play an important role in a late medieval setting ( I have to admit, that I am usually don´t play in a colonial setting).

And to come to an end: This game is totally addictive. I mean, I´ve updated Cities Skylines a few days ago but only play Banished now. And CC and MT are the reasons for this.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

carlfatal wrote:
the game crashes at leaving.

Yeah, this is a bad habit of Banished... see here for a possible remedy (step 4)... that should stop the crashing when you "Quit".

:big-grin:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:01 pm 

Like I said, MT on top of the list is working fine. No crashs then.

Now I saw The Fountain Mod. I hope, this will also fit in. I love to have as much different buildings as possible. Seems to be a desease I´ve got while playing SC4. "Genug ist nie genug..."

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:04 pm 

I don't know if you understand that if NMT is loaded first it will override some of CC's functions that are the same, it is not a problem at all, they were made fully compatible by sharing code, but certain things will be different.

If you are looking for some content, the world of Banished site http://worldofbanished.comhas many interesting mods including many with the content of fountain mod. I will not explain why, there is bad blood between CC and Cossack, but I don't recommend his mod for many reasons, including that some of his production chains are strange, and he has stopped supporting this mod. You can look at the mod list Paeng has posted and see what interesting mods are out there. 'K' in CC has a Kave with many interesting additions to CC, and Red's stuff is also in WoB. Also I recommend the mods by the Kid on WoB as very interesting and useful mods. If you want my list PM me. :grandpa:

BTW I'm happy to know you are German, (so I understand from your post), I was born there. :thumbsup:

Report this post

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next