Change font size

Welcome
Welcome to banishedpeople

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Kensvilling
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Villages in the North are still few and small...
And news take long to reach us... :winking:

Old hamlet, schnaps-maker potato fields

Vegetable garden

Main village, apple orchards

Wood port

Brick maker

Bread basket

Sheep run, mining

The hamlet

Some data -

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Kensvilling
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:59 pm 

I must admit when I first saw those red houses it was

:hmmm:

as I wasn't sure I liked them, but I think I :thumbsup: do the more I see them, the vegetable garden looks very realistic and I see you are really ready for winter, no worries about anyone freezing with that amount of wood :big-grin:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

catty-cb wrote:
I wasn't sure I liked them

Well, I had some starting doubts as well when I used the mod first (about a year or so ago), as it takes quite a large step away from almost medieval Banished into more modern times... :laughing:

Mainly because I do like a lot of variety... that is something being worked on, more different shapes are on the way, and more production sites as well... the thing is to find housing and buildings that mix well with the red ones, for one in color but also for architectural style... not easy, but if you're willing to give yourself some license it can be done :winking:

The falu red will grow on you, the models are well done with fine details.
* And The North site ( http://www.banishedventures.com/ ) has a list with recommended mods and items...

That aside, this mod really offers some very nice visuals - new textures, terrains, maps etc., plus some hefty challenges - different balancing, hard winters with few crops thriving, a different trading system... if you're not careful, it's back to people starving or freezing to death :gripe: :laughing:

Give it a try, it's kinda refreshing to occasionally play with a (seemingly) simple new setup (that turns out to be not simple at all), and is not yet too crowded with endless choices... :winking:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:52 am 

Paeng wrote:
catty-cb wrote:
...Give it a try, it's kinda refreshing to occasionally play with a (seemingly) simple new setup (that turns out to be not simple at all), and is not yet too crowded with endless choices... :winking:

Still playing around with MegaMod, but it will be the Christmas Holidays soon so I'll try it out then, and I do like winters just not the bit where they all freeze to death :nono:

Report this post

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]