Change font size

Welcome
Welcome to banishedpeople

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Ker Mazet
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 pm 

A small band of Breton moving away from an unhealthy settlement discover an abandoned Spanish colony. The natives are more or less hostile after being mistreated by the earlier settlers, so defensive features are more necessary. It is hoped this will grow into a major outpost and crossing point for future travellers.

This is the first 15 years, (sorry no stats, I simply forgot to take a shot, :redface: but next time I will start with that), mostly an overview to show progress with a few interesting features in closeup.

Technical:

The start:

After one year:

I like to remove the gallows and bodies,(too gruesome to keep) you get at start, and also the edibles market to eventually replace it with a full one, which is more useful.

I have found my signature feature, the Tariel shoreline preserve, this is just the start, I will add more plants and trees. (River edges was my speciality in SimCity).

More time passes:

As you can see we have started milk production thanks to CC's domestic animals, and crafting, including fur coats, (Red's work camp watchtowers, act as hunters). I had to mix CC's docks, (fishing) with DS since I didn't have iron. I want to use DS's docks too see how they work, this made getting iron more urgent than usual.

Still more time:

The essentials are built and we are getting ready for nomads, iron and wool production have started so we are making tools, clothing and lots of proteins. I got DS fishing working, so thats fun to see, with all the different types of fish. When you add Red's different types, its a long list, for just hunting/fishing.

Iron production has also made construction of a proper bridge possible. I like the modular version included with DS's docks.

After 15 years, a very stable town:

Features:

To make it harder to attack, a small stone jetty with wall to complete the wooded walls

Finally in late winter, the great tower, helps to secure the southern river passage, and takes advantage of a stream to further secure this outer work.

Next will be an increase in population, get industry for exports going, and eventually seeds and livestock. There is a lot of flat land for farming, and I need to start mining. It will be interesting to see how housing expansion can fit with the need to build walls. :hmmm:

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Ker Mazet
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 am 

Nice looking 'Gated Community'. Looking forward to seeing the growth. :thumbsup:

Proprietor of The Hawk & Badger Railroad - for all your Railroad Tycoon 2 & 3 needs

My Internet went down for an hour, so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:59 am 

Its a different experience, having to keep the housing and storage safe, the town is now 20 and ready to expand into a new skin. I still don't have the resources to build the more advanced military structures, but that will come. :winking:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:19 pm 

Looking good! Nice use of all the different mods.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Waiting for the update, I wanna see how that big fort evolves... :big-grin:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:36 am 

Its actually the whole town that is inside the walls, by year 20 now the whole has moved out since space is needed. :winking:

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:04 pm 

Its now year 20, the town is getting ready to expand, since all the available space is full. We have acquired seeds so farming has started, and the need for resources has made us start mining, and trading.

Year 15 stats:

Next a tropical version of my signature shoreline parks, and the more developed nordic one.

The town has building stye zones.

Overview:

The gates of the next expansion are ready:

The mining zone, outside the walls, but protected by tower, it won't be placed inside the walls since fortifying the stream is far to difficult.

The port, simple but effective:

Year 20 stats:

Bonus images on a tropical theme, the mission:

The amount of logs needed to build this has slowed down the towns growth by about 10 years. The port is built on a naturally occurring tract of land that was why I chose this map.

A simple shipyard:

An interesting graveyard gate:

A mission detail, still a lot of landscaping left to do.

The walls are now complete, in year 23, and better since I bought 50 cannons, and now its time to move and increase hunting/gathering hubs, and start farming on an industrial scale. One of the challenges on this map is to keep housing and storage safely inside wall. This also puts pressure on production, (distance) so that food is more difficult to get, and that industry must be mostly adjacent to housing. So far so good, but I wonder what the city centre will do when all the work is far beyond the walls.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:17 pm 

WOW! Really cool looking place. :thumbsup:

Proprietor of The Hawk & Badger Railroad - for all your Railroad Tycoon 2 & 3 needs

My Internet went down for an hour, so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people

Report this post

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]